This statement will be published on the website as a normal HTML page. It will be linked to the home page
Making our website accessible:
We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website.
- We do this by making it possible to:
- Change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- Zoom in up to 300% without text spilling off the screen
- Navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- Navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- Listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We also ensure that the website text uses plain English and is as simple and clear as possible to understand.
AbiltyNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability
How accessible is our website:
We know some parts of our websites are not fully accessible for example.
- Some text will not reflow in a single column when you change the size of your browser
- You cannot modify the line height or spacing of text
- Images do not all have voice descriptions
- Some online forms are difficult to navigate using just a keyboard
- You cannot skip to the main content when using a screen reader
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like print out, accessible pdf, or large print:
- Email: email@example.com
- Call: 020 7719 1705 and leave a message for the North Weald Airfield Consultation Project team.
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in a few days.
Reporting accessibility issues
We are always looking to improve the accessibility of our websites. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, please use the above contact details to let us know.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, please contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
About our website accessibility
Sounding is committed to making its websites accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
Our website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
Non accessible content
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons. Some images do not have a text alternative, so people using a screen reader cannot access the information. This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.1.1 (non-text content).
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared in December 2020 and will be reviewed annually
Our websites are checked by internal project teams at production, launch and at each stage that they are updated and/or new material is added.